How to Market Your Business on Facebook
If you are looking to market your business through Facebook, there are some strategies out there that can help but that many small business owners may not have heard of. Regardless of what business you’re in, these strategies may prove helpful in getting the word out about your products and services. Below are some tips and tools to improve your business marketing on Facebook.
Like all marketing, your Facebook marketing efforst should be planned and complement your website, branding and other marekting efforts. We offer a health check for your Facebook marketing to make sure you’re making the most of your time and efforts. Before embarking on the below, check out our personalised Facebook Marketing plans.
Use Facebook Apps
Probably the most important marketing strategy you can employ is the app (or many apps). Short for “application,” apps are software that can enable you to do all sorts of interactive things, from hosting events to holding contests. Here are a few of the apps you might consider adding to your Facebook business page.
* Inbox – This app allows you to send messages to contacts and customers you select. You can send individual messages or mass ones; the point is you choose the specific recipients.
* Events – The Events app lets you spread the news about what’s happening. You can notify large numbers of people and update them quickly about an event and its details.
* Badge – Link Facebook users to your website with the Badge app. It’s a good idea to have a “Find us on Facebook” button or feed on your website, too.
* Networked blogs – You can use this app to update your latest blog post in your profile feed, both on your business page and personal profile.
* Platform: Make your own – You can customize your own applications on Facebook using Platform. This could be a way for your creativity to make your business stand out. Having your own Facebook app is possible for even small businesses today, contact me for more info.
Keep your news feed up to date
There are various tactics for getting your information to spread rapidly, but some knowledgeable Facebook users say that news feed is the best way to get this kind of coverage. The news feed is the central part of your Facebook page; it’s where your activity is posted and it’s the first thing people see when they visit your page. Make sure to post on your page regularly, or if there’s not enough hours in the day consider scheduling your posts in advance or outsourcing your facebook management.
Sell products and services
Did you know you can sell your products directly on Facebook? Apps like Payvment allow you to upload your inventory to Facebook and sell your items from your page. Customers can purchase items through the now-familiar shopping cart/checkout strategy, right from your Facebook page. You even have the option of offering discounts to people who click the “Like” button.
Check out and join groups
Joining groups gives you a means by which you can post informative videos, links, and so forth in your demographic. Join groups that are relevant to your business and participate. You can also form groups of your own and invite others. Like posting on forums, it helps establish you as an expert and keeps your brand in the forefront of people’s minds.
Pulling it all together
So, make sure that your Facebook, website, and business branding are in sync and organised, and remember to interact reguarly on your business fanpage and Facebook groups, keep in touch with your fans and wider audience using apps, and perhaps even offer specials or sell-outs on products on Facebook, and you’ll be well on your way to facebook marketing success.